Croak Hopper (クロークホッパー) is a big frog enemy, carrying a smaller one in its back, that appears in Wire Sponge's stage in Mega Man X2 and Mega Man Xtreme 2. It was originally created to be the mascot and guard of the Weather Control Center and are often found near Weather Crystals. Their behaviour is greatly affected by the current weather:
- On normal weather, they remain static and shoot a three-way shot at intruders. In Mega Man Xtreme 2, it is a two-way shot when playing as Mega Man X, and a sole shot when as Zero.
- On warm weather, they overheat and explode due to a defective cooling system. The lack of warm weather In Mega Man Xtreme 2 prevents it from overheating.
- On rainy weather, they actively hop around while the smaller frog on their back jumps and falls right in place. If the player contacts the smaller frog, it will explode.
- On foggy weather, they will hide and don't even appear on screen.
- For unknown reasons, the smaller frog on its back is blue in the artwork, whereas green in-game.