Gekkan CoroCoro Comic (月刊コロコロコミック Gekkan KoroKoro Komikku?) is a Japanese monthly manga magazine published by Shogakukan, starting on May 15, 1977 as a magazine for Doraemon. Its main target is elementary school aged boys, younger than the readers of shōnen manga. The name comes from a phenomime korokoro (ころころ) which means "rolling" and also represents something spherical, fat, or small, because children supposedly like such things. The magazine is A5-sized, about 6 cm (2¼ in) thick, and often more than 800 pages in length.
The magazine has two sisters: Bessatsu CoroCoro Comic (別冊コロコロコミック?) and CoroCoro Ichiban!. Both are bi-monthly.
CoroCoro regularly promotes toys and video games related to their manga franchises, releasing stories and articles featuring them. Pokémon's big success in Japan owes to this in a way; the Game Boy game Pocket Monsters: Blue was sold exclusively through the magazine at first, which helped CoroCoro's sales as well. CoroCoro is also often a source of information about upcoming Pokémon games and movies. CoroCoro also had tie-ins with Capcom, including the Mega Man franchise in the 2000s.
CoroCoro Comic published the following manga:
- MegaMan NT Warrior (Gekkan CoroCoro Comic. 2001-2006)
- Rockman the Shooting Star / Shooting Star Rockman (Gekkan CoroCoro Comic. November 2006-January 2008)
- Rockman the Shooting Star Tribe / Tribe Shooting Star Rockman Butou Gaiden (Gekkan CoroCoro Comic. February-July 2008)
- Shooting Star Rockman 3 (December 2008-January 2009)
- Rockman Zero (Bessatsu CoroCoro Comic. June 2003-February 2006)
- Gekitou! EXE Kyoudai Rockmeen! (Bessatsu CoroCoro Comic. April 2003-October 2006)
- Shuugeki On-Air!! Shooting Star Rockmeen! (Bessatsu CoroCoro Comic. December 2006-December 2008)
- Rockman.EXE VS (2009-2010)
Gekkan CoroCoro Comic