Clown Man (クラウンマン Kuraunman?) is a mischievous clown-like Robot Master from Mega Man 8. He was originally a robot designed for an amusement park, but was stolen and remodeled for combat by Dr. Albert W. Wily, gaining the ability to telescopically extend his arms and channel high-voltage electricity through them as part of his Special Weapon, the Thunder Claw. He can also temporarily surround himself in a ball of electricity and bounce around in fast and erratic patterns for a unique attack that he refers to as the Thunder Carnival. His leftover parts were used by Wily to create Frost Man.
Clown Man made his base in an amusement park somewhere in New South Wales, Australia. Whilst he is of a mischievous nature and is a good sportsman to his foes, he is also highly emotional, being particularly prone to having bouts of disliking everything and everyone around him. He is highly skilled on a Flying Trapeze, which he incorporates into his attacking strategy to swing up and around repeatedly in an attempt to collide with his foes.
- "I'm Clown Man."
- "I'll make you join my men!"
- "Yo, geeky!"
- "You've got no chance!"
- "Weakling! This isn't a joking matter!"
- "Watch It!"
- "Thunder Carnival!"
- "Thunder Claw!"
If Mega Man gets hit by Thunder Claw:
Tornado Hold cries:
- "What are you doing!?"
- "What have you done to me??"
- "See you in my dreams."
Mega Man & Bass CD data
Enemies in Clown Man's stage:
- Mid Boss: Sisi Roll
- Blader Tank DX
- Dodonpa Cannon
- Joe Classic
- Metall SV
- Rompers and Balloonn
In the Rockman 8 manga, Clown Man disguises himself as a small wind-up robot called Antonio Takeda the Third.
Clown Man has a brief appearance in the end of Mega Man Gigamix.
Clown Man is also featured in Archie Comics' Mega Man series, debuting during the Worlds Collide crossover. He joins a large army of Robot Masters dispatched to attack Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog's team of allies, and was seen approaching Shadow the Hedgehog, though he evidently failed to defeat him. Shortly before Light's Robot Masters arrived as the cavalry, Clown Man was seen with several other Robot Masters attacking the (by that point) extremely exhausted Proto Man, Shadow, Amy, Rouge, Dr. Light, Chaotix, Silver, and Blaze, although Knuckles nonetheless managed to land a hit on Clown Man.
- During Capcom's Robot Master design contest for Mega Man 8, Clown Man was one of three robots created using a pre-made design template supplied to fans (Search Man and Sword Man were the others). Clown Man's template was known as "Long Arm Robot."
- Although ColorMan.EXE and CircusMan.EXE have some similarities with Clown Man, they aren't NetNavi counterparts of him. However, one of Clown Man's original concepts, shown during the credits of Mega Man 8, showed him standing on a giant ball. Therefore, some believe ColorMan.EXE could indeed be his NetNavi counterpart.
- Clown Man is the second Robot Master to perform an attack involving turning into a ball and bouncing. The other two are Blizzard Man and Strike Man. However, unlike the other two, Clown Man doesn't have a round body.
- Clown Man is one of two entertainer themed Robot Masters, the other being Magic Man. Interestingly enough, both are weak to Tengu Man's weapons.