Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This page is about the Robot Master Cloud Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see CloudMan.EXE.|
Cloud Man (クラウドマン Kuraudoman?) is a Robot Master originally created as a weather control robot, but was stolen and modified for combat by Dr. Wily, removing his rainfall equipment and enhancing his lightning equipment. Cloud Man has no legs, but instead he is built to hover above the ground using a gravity controller. He can control the weather and create powerful winds to push his opponents, and try to strike them with his Thunder Bolt.
Video game appearances
Cloud Man starts by floating up from the center of the room, then electrically charging himself (invincible while doing so) to fire his Thunder Bolt from that height towards Mega Man. The Thunder Bolt acts as a fast lightning bolt that creates four electric spheres that go by the floor when it hits the ground (two from each side of the Thunder Bolt). It is avoided by jumping over the lightning so it may fail to hit Mega Man along with the four electric spheres, or even fail to hit the ground. Right after that, he floats to Mega Man's level, and then casts rain and wind that tries to push Mega Man into the pit or attracting him towards Cloud Man to collide with him which will deal damage, then pushing Mega Man onto the pit. Cloud Man will stay in the same spot and electrically charge himself again, then shock the floor, creating the same electric spheres, and he does this twice in a row. As the rain and wind's power are higher than Mega Man's, the player may have to slide if it is necessary to avoid falling, while jumping so Mega Man avoids the electric spheres. After the rain stops, Cloud Man starts chasing Mega Man, leaving a small gap below him so Mega Man can slide to avoid contact with him. He then repeats the attack pattern.
His weakness is the Danger Wrap, as this weapon encases him on a giant bubble, floating upwards and eventually detonating, making him fall to the ground due to his cloud disappearing, and restart his attack pattern. However, he is still invincible if he is charging himself. If it is used while it's raining, the rain will instantly stop. It defeats him in seven hits.
Cloud Man's behavior is the same as in Mega Man 7, except there are no bottomless pits in his arena. Cloud Man could be difficult to defeat without the Scorch Wheel, but the Mega Buster is just as effective.
Stage description: Watch your step
Translation: A robot created for weather control, Wily enhanced his lightning function. The first series of robots for aerial combat. Special weapon is Thunder Strike.
Hisshouhou Special data
- Stage: Weather Research Institute Stage (気象研究所ステージ Kishou Kenkyuujo Sutēji)
- Height: 197 cm
- Weight: 144 kg
- Bunby Tank and Bunby Top
- Kaminari Kogoro
- Sniper Joe 01
- Tel Tel
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Cloud Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 7.
|Mega Man 7|
|Mega Buster||Freeze Cracker||Junk Shield||Danger Wrap||Thunder Bolt||Wild Coil||Slash Claw||Noise Crush||Scorch Wheel||Super Adapter|
- *For Mega Buster, Wild Coil and Noise Crush, the first number is the damage done when the weapon is fired normally; the second number is damage done when the weapon is charged up.
- *For Freeze Cracker, the first number is when the shot is whole; the second number is after it splits.
- During his battle pose before fighting, his sprite loses a finger, giving him only four fingers instead of his usual five.
- Cloud Man is weak to Burst Man's weapon to the point that it is almost comical, able to be endlessly slammed into the ground with only minimal timing required. This makes his weakness one of the most crippling of all Robot Masters.
- Cloud Man does not like lightning rods because, when lightning strikes, the bolt hits the rod instead of the intended target.
- Cloud Man's weapon is called Thunder Strike in Japan, which is also used in the English version of Mega Man: The Power Battle.
- There is a glitch in the battle with Cloud Man, like with Spring Man and Turbo Man, only instead of destroying him instantly, it destroys him, the player, and distorts the screen. If Danger Wrap is fired with exact timing, it will cause him to fall from above the screen, disappear, (the player will not be able to move during this time) two thunder bolts will fall from the sky, the screen will become distorted in appearance, and the player will die.
| Mega Man • Beat • Rush • Dr. Light • Roll|
Proto Man • Duo • Auto • Eddie • Fan • Dr. Wily
| Aries • Taurus • Gemini • Cancer • Leo • Virgo|
Libra • Scorpio • Sagittarius • Capricorn • Aquarius • Pisces
Bass • Treble • Apollo • Luna • Wily Machine α • Wily Capsule α
| Fire Man • Cut Man• Bomb Man • Flame Man • Ice Man • Frost Man|
Guts Man • Metal Man • Elec Man • Spark Man • Cloud Man • Heat Man
Napalm Man • Bubble Man • Freeze Man • Hard Man • Yamato Man • Tomahawk Man
Pharaoh Man • Burst Man • Dive Man • Aqua Man • Stone Man • Astro Man
Knight Man •Sword Man •Skull Man
|Characters and Enemies • Screws • Dr. Light's Laboratory • Items • Script|