Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ceratanium, also known as Ceramic titanium and in Japan as "Ceramical Titanium" (セラミカルチタン Seramikaru Chitan?), is a lightweight and sturdy material from the Mega Man series created by Dr. Light. This unique material appears to be much more durable than standard titanium, being able to resist severe impacts.
- In the original Mega Man series, it is an alloy used in many robots, the only known uses being Mega Man's armor, Cut Man's Rolling Cutter, Metal Man's Metal Blade, and Hard Man's body.
- In Mega Man ZX, Silure requests to find a Special Rock in Area K-1, and later asks to take the rock to Oeillet in Area E to break it and obtain the Ceratanium inside. He uses the Ceratanium to create an Extender Chip.
- In Mega Man ZX Advent, the Raiders use a Ceratanium shield to protect themselves in the Oil Field, which can only be broken by Model F's Megaton Crush. Also, the Hunter Kidd requests to find and bring to him a Legendary Pickaxe made of Ceratanium in the dark cellar of Quarry 1.
- In the manga Mega Man Megamix, Wood Man's Leaf Shield is a set of four leaves made of Ceratanium that have been coated in a special liquid that deflects all projectiles. Wood Man activates the shield by generating an electromagnetic field around him that spins the leaves.
- The closest material to this in the real world is titanium carbide, which is used to protect things that experience high temperatures, such as cookware or the space shuttle; it is also used on saw blades and drill bits because it doesn't dull easily. Another similar material is titanium diboride, also resilient to high temperatures. Its use has so far been limited to impact resistant armor and cutting tools, due to its exceptional ability to resist wear.
|Bassnium • Ceratanium • Titanium-X|
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth
|Mega Man ZX series|
| Vent • Aile • Ashe • Grey • Girouette • Prairie • Guardians • Hunters • Raiders|
Sage Trinity • Aeolus • Atlas • Thetis • Siarnaq • Serpent • Prometheus • Pandora • Pseudoroids
|Mega Man ZX • Mega Man ZX Advent|
|ZX (Vent's story) • ZX (Aile's story) • ZXA (Grey's story) • ZXA (Ashe's story)|
| Biometal • Game of Destiny • Humanoid • Locations • Mega Man |
Mega Man ZX (manga) • ZX Tunes • ZXA Tunes • Rockman ZX Soundsketch - ZX GIGAMIX