Centaur Man (ケンタウロスマン Kentaurosuman?, also known as "Kentauros Man") is a Robot Master that originally worked in an old museum. After he heard about the 1st Annual Robot Tournament, he entered the competition to restore the museum with the prize money, but was reprogrammed by Mr. X.
In Mega Man 6, he's equipped with an arm cannon on his right arm whose shots spreads on impact, and his Centaur Flash has space distortion abilities, allowing him to temporarily halt time, although he has to consume a large amount of energy to activate it. He is weak to Knight Man's Knight Crush.
In Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters he uses the Centaur Arrow, an energy arrow shot diagonally up or down from his arm cannon. He also uses a shield for defense, a naginata, and has the help of Heli Metalls. He's weak to Gyro Attack in this game.
Mega Man 6Edit
Centaur Man attacks by shooting a plasma bullet that splits onto seven and spread out when it comes on contact with a wall. The player has to avoid it by finding an opening through the bullets and going through it. After that, he has two attacks: he may also run to tackle Mega Man, which is avoided by jumping over him, or also dissapear into another dimension, then reappear where Mega Man was when he dissapeared and attack. He also activates the Centaur Flash to stop time sufficient enough to shoot a bullet to the wall and make the spread out bullets hit Mega Man. His weakness is the Knight Crush, and defeats him in seven hits.
Mega Man 6 statsEdit
- Energy: Dry Battery
- Height: 155 cm (5.09 feet)
- Weight: 172 kg (379 lbs.)
- Attack: 35
- Defense: 47
- Mobile: 205
Translation: A robot developed with the motif of a legendary creature, was popular in a antiquities museum, wants the prize of the robot championship to rebuild the museum. What kind of ability he has is unknown.
Dr. Light: You can go through his legs by sliding if you can time it right. Centaur Man can't jump. Remember this!
Damage Data ChartEdit
Amount of damage in units that Centaur Man receives from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 6.
|Mega Man 6|
|Mega Buster||Blizzard Attack||Centaur Flash||Flame Blast||Knight Crush||Plant Barrier||Silver Tomahawk||Wind Storm||Yamato Spear||Rush Power Adapter||Beat|
- For Mega Buster, the first number is when the weapon is fired normally; the second is when it is fully charged.
- For Rush Power Adapter, the first number is with uncharged shots; the second number is damage inflicted from partially charged shots; third number is when it is fully charged.
Centaur Man appeared in the story "The Strongest Enemy to Date" from the manga, where he is a robot from Greece that entered in the first World Robot Championship.
In the Rockman 6 manga, Centaur Man has a base in Innocent City. After Knight Man's defeat, a damaged Brain Break informs Centaur Man of what happened and Centaur Man cries. When Mega Man reaches an area with two shutters in Centaur Man's base Mega Man goes inside the lower shutter and faces the angry Centaur Man, a powerful opponent that is able to warp, split his shots and stop time. After a difficult battle, Mega Man manages to win, but the Centaur Man he defeated was a dummy robot and he is warped outside the base. Mega Man must invade the base again to fight against the real Centaur Man, this time going inside the upper shutter. Mega Man has another difficult battle, but this time he uses Knight Crush. The Knight Crush hits Centaur Man's helmet, breaking it and revealing that Centaur Man is actually a long-haired woman that loves Knight Man. Centaur Man angrily continues attacking, but Mega Man defeats her with Knight Crush and leaves her base sad.
Later, Mega Man fights against a Copy Robot with Centaur Man's form in Wily's base, and in the ending the real Centaur Man appears.
Centaur Man can be seen in one panel from the first chapter of the Rockman & Forte manga as one of the robots from the robot museum.
- In Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, Centaur Man's theme is a remix of Junk Man's theme.
- He has a cameo appearance in the opening scene of Mega Man 8.
- In terms of timeline, Centaur Man is the first Robot Master to be based on a mythical hybrid, followed later by Sagittarius and Splash Woman.
- Centaur Man is the only Robot Master in Mega Man 6 that does not have a MegaMan Battle Network series counterpart.
- Centaur Man is in fact a woman in the Rockman 6 manga, masquerading as a man. This gender reversal is specific to the manga and is assumed to not carry over to any other continuities.
- Centaur Man's stage, being aquatic as a reference to the lost city of Atlantis, is believed to be near Greece.
- Centaur Man is one of the Robot Masters to give Mega Man two different weapons. The others are Pharaoh Man, Tengu Man and Astro Man.
- Centaur Man's second weapon, Centaur Arrow refers to the constallation of Sagittarius, which is depicted as both a centaur and an archer.
- Centaur Man's dislike of whips might be referring to actual horses, where they are given the signal to move by lashing a whip.
|Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters|
|List of Playable Characters|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass • Duo|
|List of Bosses|
| - Search for Wily! -|
Shadow Man • Plant Man • Gyro Man • Centaur Man • Bubble Man • Heat Man
- Rescue Roll! -
Cut Man • Stone Man • Shade Man • Elec Man • Dive Man • Slash Man
- Recover the new parts! -
Guts Man • Pharaoh Man • Air Man • Quick Man • Gemini Man • Napalm Man
- Dr. Wily -
|List of Special Weapons|
| Shadow Blade • Plant Barrier • Gyro Attack • Centaur Arrow • Bubble Lead • Atomic Fire|
Rolling Cutter • Power Stone • Noise Crush • Thunder Beam • Dive Missile • Slash Claw
Super Arm • Pharaoh Wave • Air Shooter • Quick Boomerang • Gemini Laser • Napalm Bomb
|Rush • Beat • Treble|