C-Flasher (apparently an abbr. for "Chaos Flasher"), known as Messenkou (滅閃光? lit. "Destruction Flash") in Japan, is the Giga Attack Zero obtains after Izzy Glow's defeat in Mega Man X5. Zero punches the ground, sending out nine violet energy projectiles in different directions. Unlike Rakuhouha from Mega Man X4, C-Flasher's projectiles are unstoppable, going through and destroying enemies in its path but appears to be slightly weaker than Rakuhouha. As this weapon is a Giga Attack, any damage that Zero receives is converted into Weapon Energy, refilling the Weapon Energy gauge for C-Flasher.
This Giga Attack is Dark Dizzy's weakness, although other bosses take quite a large amount of damage from C-Flasher as well.
Damage Data Chart
Damage values in units in Mega Man X5.
- For Rangda Bangda's Sun component, since the floor becomes lined with spikes when Zero fights it, he is only allowed to perform a few of his techniques and Saber slashes under normal circumstances. If the player intentionally makes Zero make contact with the Sun component and take damage, however, they can actually use C-Flasher by taking advantage of the temporary invincibility to the spikes before it wears off and gets immediately killed from the spikes thereafter. However, it is not wise to do so, as the Sun component cannot take damage from C-Flasher anyway.
Shin Messenkou (真・滅閃光? lit. "True Destroying Glint") is a stronger version of C-Flasher that is only used when X fights against Zero or Awakened Zero in Mega Man X5 and against Zero Nightmare in Mega Man X6. Zero punches the ground and a series of projectiles shoot from the floor to the ceiling. The damage that each projectile can deal depends on game difficulty.
This version of the attack seems to resemble Earth Gaizer, though unlike Earth Gaizer, Shin Messenkou must be avoided entirely without contacting Zero during the battle.
- C-Flasher/Messenkou is a useable command for Model OX in Mega Man ZX.
- Earth Gaizer from Mega Man Xtreme 2
- Rakuhouha from Mega Man X4
- Rekkoha from Mega Man X6
- Bakuenjin from Mega Man X7
- Tenshouha from Mega Man X8
Counterpart to this Technique
|Mega Man X5|
|List of Mavericks|
|Grizzly Slash (Crescent Grizzly) • Duff McWhalen (Tidal Whale) • Squid Adler (Volt Kraken) • Izzy Glow (Shining Firefly) • Dark Dizzy (Dark Necrobat) • The Skiver (Spiral Pegasus) • Mattrex (Burn Dinorex) • Axle the Red (Spike Rosered)|
|Sigma Head • Magma Dragoon • Dynamo • Shadow Devil • Rangda Bangda W • Zero • Mega Man X • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|C-Shot • Goo Shaver • Tri-Thunder • F-Laser • Dark Hold • Wing Spiral • Ground Fire • Spike Ball|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|C-Sword • F-Splasher • E-Blade • C-Flasher • Dark Hold • W-Shredder • Quake Blazer • Twin Dream|
| - Mega Man X -|
Force Armor • Falcon Armor • Gaea Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
|Hunter Base • Zero Space|
|Walkthrough • Parts • List of Enemies • Eurasia • Enigma • Space Shuttle|
Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) • Game Script (X's story) • Game Script (Zero's story)