Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contests and characters
The first boss character contest, which had 8370 entries and decided the eight Robot Masters that appear in the game. 10 participants received a "staff only" blouson, 100 received a Rockman 2 Original Music tape, and 500 received seals. Besides the eight winners, forty participants were listed in the game's Japanese manual.
|DWN-009 Metal Man||Masanori Satou (佐藤 正徳 Satō Masanori?)|
|DWN-010 Air Man||Youji Kanazawa (金沢 洋治 Kanazawa Yōji?)|
|DWN-011 Bubble Man||Takashi Tanaka (田中 隆 Tanaka Takashi?)|
|DWN-012 Quick Man||Hirofumi Mizoguchi (溝口 博文 Mizoguchi Hirofumi?)|
|DWN-013 Crash Man||Akira Yoshida (吉田 晃 Yoshida Akira?)|
|DWN-014 Flash Man||Tomoo Yamaguchi (山口 智雄 Yamaguchi Tomō?)|
|DWN-015 Heat Man||Toshiyuki Kataoka (片岡 稔幸 Kataoka Toshiyuki?)|
|DWN-016 Wood Man||Masakatsu Ichikawa (市川 雅克 Ichikawa Masakatsu?)|
The contest decided the eight Robot Masters. Had 50,000 entries. Some runner up entries received a pencil case and ID card as prize.
|DWN-017 Needle Man||Nobuhiko Akatsuka (赤塚 信彦 Akatsuka Nobuhiko?)|
|DWN-018 Magnet Man||Nagashi Kii (紀井 長 Nagashi Kī?)|
|DWN-019 Gemini Man||Yoshihito Hattori (服部 嘉人 Hattori Yoshihito?)|
|DWN-020 Hard Man||Kazuhiko Oguro (小黒 一彦 Oguro Kazuhiko?)|
|DWN-021 Top Man||Yasushi Konjiki (近喰 康史 Konjiki Yasushi?)|
|DWN-022 Snake Man||Yuhjiro Ishitani (石谷 裕二郎 Ishitani Yūjirō?)|
|DWN-023 Spark Man||Mikihiro Suzuki (鈴木 広 Suzuki Hiroshi?)|
|DWN-024 Shadow Man||Takumine Yoshida (吉田 拓峰 Yoshida Takumine?)|
The eight Robot Masters. The winners from this game's contest received a golden Rockman 4 cartridge. Everyone that participated received the booklet Rockman Character Collection. Had 70,000 entries.
|DWN-025 Bright Man||Yoshitaka Enomoto|
|DWN-026 Toad Man||Atsushi Ootsuka|
|DWN-027 Drill Man||Masayuki Hoshi|
|DWN-028 Pharaoh Man||Takayuki Ebara|
|DWN-029 Ring Man||Hiromi Uchida|
|DWN-030 Dust Man||Yuusuke Murata (村田 雄介 Murata Yūsuke?)|
|DWN-031 Dive Man||Suguru Nakayama|
|DWN-032 Skull Man||Toshiyuki Miyachi|
Like previous contests, it decided the eight Robot Masters. Had 130,000 entries.
|DWN-033 Gravity Man||Yukiko Nori|
|DWN-034 Wave Man||Hideyuki Monno|
|DWN-035 Stone Man||Kenta Oonishi|
|DWN-036 Gyro Man||Katsunari Oguri|
|DWN-037 Star Man||Tatsumi Saegusa|
|DWN-038 Charge Man||Toshiaki Sugiura|
|DWN-039 Napalm Man||Shinichirou Seki|
|DWN-040 Crystal Man||Yuusuke Murata (村田 雄介 Murata Yūsuke?)|
The only contest from the original series with non-Japanese winners, with a contest being held by Nintendo Power. Had 200,000 entries. One of the non-Japanese winners, Daniel Vallée, recalled that, besides his winning entry of Knight Man, he had submitted enough Robot Master designs to fill eight whole games, with names including Wave Man and Samurai Man (the former of whom had coincidentally had a shared name with an unrelated Robot Master in Mega Man 5).
|DWN-041 Blizzard Man||Hirofumi Ogawa|
|DWN-042 Centaur Man||Kazuki Kidoguchi|
|DWN-043 Flame Man||Noritsugu Kurokawa|
|DWN-044 Knight Man||Daniel Vallée (written as Daniel Vallie in the game's credits)|
|DWN-045 Plant Man||Nobuhiro Hoshino|
|DWN-046 Tomahawk Man||Yoshinobu Suda|
|DWN-047 Wind Man||Michael Leader|
|DWN-048 Yamato Man||Rai Ichikawa|
The eight Robot Masters. Had 220,000 entries.
|DWN-049 Freeze Man||Shigeaki Sakamoto|
|DWN-050 Junk Man||Jun Akiba|
|DWN-051 Burst Man||Keishi Tsuchiya|
|DWN-052 Cloud Man||Isao Nakagiri|
|DWN-053 Spring Man||Akira Ito|
|DWN-054 Slash Man||Yoichi Amano|
|DWN-055 Shade Man||Tetsuya Watada|
|DWN-056 Turbo Man||Takashi Kino|
Sword Man, Clown Man, Search Man, Frost Man, Grenade Man and Aqua Man. For this contest a template was given for three of them: one boss character with a sword (the winner being Sword Man), one with extendible arms (Clown Man), and one with two heads (Search Man). Besides the six winners, some submissions are displayed in the game's credits and the Sega Saturn's Bonus Mode. Had 110,000 entries.
|DWN-059 Sword Man||Keigo Matsuo|
|DWN-060 Clown Man||Hiroshige Sakai|
|DWN-061 Search Man||Yuuta Hata|
|DWN-062 Frost Man||Akifumi Nomura|
|DWN-063 Grenade Man||Kenichirou Komaki|
|DWN-064 Aqua Man||Morito Kuriki|
Mega Man Legends series
- The Misadventures of Tron Bonne: Although not a boss contest, the Servbot Borer (by べのむ) and the Bonne Bazooka were designed by fans.
- Mega Man Legends 3: Before being cancelled, the Devroom held events for fan content to be included in the game, including the bosses Donner Wels (by Kobun #46 CAPコブン) and Calamity (Servbot #2395 kankan) and the character Tinker (Servbot #1061 Espiownage).
Mega Man Battle Network series
- Mega Man Battle Network 2: GateMan by S. Satokawa.
- Mega Man Battle Network 3: KingMan by K. Umegaki, MistMan by T. Kataoka, and BowlMan by A. Shimizu.
- Mega Man Battle Network 4: KendoMan by Yuta Koido, LaserMan by Yoshihito Nonaka, and VideoMan by Yosuke Shimizu.
- Mega Man Battle Network 5: CosmoMan by T. Namegaya, GridMan by H. Aoki, and LarkMan by S. Iwasaki.
- Mega Man Battle Network 6: CircusMan by Touya Hamanaga, ElementMan by Souhei Nakamura, and JudgeMan by Keisuke Takahashi.
- Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star: ClockMan by Gotou.
Mega Man Star Force series
- Mega Man Star Force 2: Kung Foo Kid by Kentaro Fujii.
- Mega Man Star Force 3: Moon Destroyer by Rikuto Mizuhara.
Two contests were held. In the first, the winner was Arcade Man, and besides him, three runner-ups (Tabletman, Zehr, and Daruman) were added as Battle Memory. The second has a Japanese motif, with eleven characters being added as Battle Memory.
- ↑ Rockman 2 magazine scans from Game Detective 198X [Chou Nosuke]'s Twitter: scan 1, scan 2
- ↑ The Reploid Research Lavatory: The Rock Manual part 2
- ↑ Protodude's Rockman Corner: Rockman 3 Boss Contest Prize Up for Grabs
- ↑ Protodude's Rockman Corner: Behold, The Gold Rockman 4 Cartridge
- ↑ The Mega Man Network: Interview with a Robot Master Creator
- ↑ Rockman Perfect Memories: Bonus Mode - Sega Saturn Only
- ↑ Battle Network Rockman.EXE 2 official page (archive)
- ↑ Rockman Crossover Boss Character Contest
- ↑ Rockman-Unity: Rockman Crossover Original Boss Character Contest Announcement (archive)
- ↑ Protodude's Rockman Corner: There's a New Rockman Xover Boss Contest