|This page is about the original Bomb Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see BombMan.EXE.|
- "Not looking your usual cool self, Guts Man-- Fighting, fireworks, festivals... That's where it's at!"
- ―Bomb Man, Mega Man Powered Up
- "Idiot! Bombs aren't toys! Timing it right, lighting the fuse -- that's the stuff you gotta leave to pros!"
- ―Bomb Man, Mega Man Powered Up
Bomb Man (ボンバーマン Bonbāman, lit. "Bomberman"?) is a Robot Master from the original Mega Man series. He was created by Dr. Light for demolition and land development, blasting away debris so that land could be cleared for construction projects, working in tandem with Guts Man. His Special Weapon is the Hyper Bomb -- very powerful explosives originally used for land reclamation and destroying abandoned buildings.
Bomb Man's personalty depicts him to be that of a teenager. (Possibly, a nod to his mohawk.) He enjoys fighting and is an expert in demolitions, being able to quickly create and throw Bombs with startling accuracy, capable of destroying most targets with ease. However, he also enjoys firework displays, festivals, and ten-pin bowling. He is also a daredevil and his attitude depicts it, but he can be a bit wasteful on money and his bombs and has a dislike for a match or lighter, possibly a relation to his weakness, the Fire Storm. Bomb Man is a playable character in both Mega Man Powered Up and Mega Man's Soccer.
Video game appearances
Dr. Wily reprogrammed Bomb Man and Dr. Light's other industrial robots to help him conquer the world. Bomb Man appears as a boss that Mega Man must battle, so Mega Man defeats him and obtains his Hyper Bomb. He is weak to Fire Man's Fire Storm.
His strategy is nothing special. He will just jump around the room and throw Hyper Bombs at Mega Man. Know that he usually jumps away from Mega Man instead of towards him.
As a remake of the first game, Bomb Man appears as a boss, but he becomes a playable character if he is defeated by Mega Man using only the Mega Buster. As a playable character, Bomb Man can throw his Hyper Bomb in several angles.
Bomb Man fights in a similar way he did in the original game. During the fight, Bomb Man uses a critical attack. If he says, "That's a bit harsh," that means he will throw a big bomb directly at the player's character. If he says "I'll show you," that means he is going to throw a big bomb; however, it will bounce across the room rather than explode upon direct contact. To dodge the directed throw bomb, just get out of the way when Bomb Man throws it. To dodge the bouncing bomb, just run under it when it is high in the air. In normal mode, he starts using the huge bomb after losing half of his energy. In hard mode, Bomb Man throws two Hyper Bombs at the same time and the large bomb attack is available from the beginning of the battle. He is weak to Cut Man's Rolling Cutter.
Bomb Man is a balanced player that doesn't have his own team. In Tournament mode, he is a member of the Fire Man, Elec Man, Pharaoh Man, Dust Man, Skull Man and Wily teams. In League mode, he is a member of the Fire Man and Skull Man teams.
If Mega Man is defeated by Magnet Man, Bomb Man will appear to save him, giving the player the chance to fight against Magnet Man again.
In the mini-game Bomb Wars, Mega Man must defeat Bomb Man before time runs out. Bomb Man is in a high position out of reach and keeps dropping bombs. Mega Man must throw the bombs back to Bomb Man to damage him.
Bomb Man appears in Rockman Strategy as a recurring boss and optional teammate. He first appears in Aries' Steelmaking Factory along with Flame Man, and reappears in Dimensional Space when the player is facing the Wily Capsule. Here, he joins Sword Man, Skull Man, and Aqua Man in defending Dr. Wily.
- Bomb Man appears in Mega Man 3's ending.
- Bomb Man appears in a CD data in Mega Man & Bass.
- Bomb Man is a boss in Rockman The Puzzle Battle.
- He appears in Battle Memory from Rockman ×over.
Enemies in Bomb Man's stage:
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Bomb Man will receive from each Special Weapon from the original Mega Man.
|Mega Buster||Rolling Cutter||Super Arm||Ice Slasher||Hyper Bomb||Fire Storm||Thunder Beam|
Mega Man (Ruby-Spears)
Bomb Man appears in four episodes from Ruby-Spears' Mega Man animated series. In the first episode, The Beginning, he and the other five robots from the first game attack an airport with Wily. Bomb Man's weapon was the first one taken by Mega Man in the show. He also appears in episodes 17, 18 and 27.
- From the six Robot Masters of the first Mega Man game, Bomb Man is the one with least appearances in games. Bomb Man (along with Fire Man) did not appear in any of the arcade titles. Also, he (along with Guts Man) did not appear in the first Game Boy title, Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge. However, as Guts Man appeared in Capcom Quiz: Hatena? no Daibouken, Bomb Man is the only Robot Master from the first four NES games to not appear in a Game Boy title.
- Bomb Man is the only Robot Master from the first game not to appear as a boss in Rockman xover.
- Bomb Man's Japanese name is literally translated as "Bomberman", though he is still commonly referred to as "Bomb Man" in Japan. Mega Man's Soccer is the only instance of Bomb Man being referred to as "Bomberman" within a game.
- Although in the Mega Man comic, while Bomb Man mentions he exhausted all of his Hyper Bombs after helping Mega Man to destroy the Boobeam Trap, he has an unlimited amount of them when fought as a boss in any game or as a playable character in Mega Man Powered Up.
- Also in the Mega Man comic, Bomb Man referred to his hatred to Cut Man's puns once in Issue 23 and again in Issue 29, making him one of the only Robot Masters, along with Time Man to reflect to his puns the most.
- A mass produced enemy based of Bomb Man was designed for the first game to go along with Sniper Joe, a mass produced model who's based of Proto Man
|List of Robot Masters|
|Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Bomb Man • Fire Man • Elec Man|
|Yellow Devil • Copy Robot • CWU-01P • Wily Machine 1|
|Mega Man's Special Weapons|
|Rolling Cutter • Super Arm • Ice Slasher • Hyper Bomb • Fire Storm • Thunder Beam|
|Mega Man's Support Items|
|List of Enemies|
| Beak • Big Eye • Blader • Bombomb • Crazy Razy • Flea • Flying Shell • Foot Holder • Killer Bullet • Metall • Octopus Battery|
Peng • Picket Man • Screw Bomber • Sniper Joe • Spine • Super Cutter • Tackle Fire • Watcher
|Game Script • List of Enemies • Damage Data Chart • Miscellaneous Data|
|Mega Man Powered Up|
|List of Playable Characters|
| Mega Man (Mega, S, C) • Roll • Proto Man |
Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Bomb Man • Fire Man • Elec Man • Time Man • Oil Man
|List of Robot Masters|
|Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Bomb Man • Fire Man • Elec Man • Time Man • Oil Man|
|Yellow Devil • CWU-01P • Copy Robot • Wily Machine|
|Mega Man's Special Weapons|
|Rolling Cutter • Super Arm • Ice Slasher • Hyper Bomb • Fire Storm • Thunder Beam • Time Slow • Oil Slider|
|Other Weapons and Support Items|
|Magnet Beam • Clock Hand • Mega Kick • Roll Swing • Proto Strike|
|Walkthrough • Damage Data Chart • Game Script • Enemies|
|Super Adventure Rockman|
| Mega Man • Beat • Rush • Dr. Light • Roll • Proto Man • Dr. Wily • Ra Moon|
Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Bomb Man • Fire Man • Elec Man
| Metal Man • Bubble Man • Heat Man • Flash Man • Quick Man • Shadow Man|
Wood Man • Air Man • Crash Man • Snake Man • Needle Man • Gemini Man
Magnet Man • Hard Man • Top Man • Spark Man • Ra Thor • New Yellow Devil
| Metal Blade • Bubble Lead • Atomic Fire • Time Stopper • Quick Boomerang • Shadow Blade|
Leaf Shield • Air Shooter • Crash Bomber • Search Snake • Needle Cannon • Gemini Laser
Magnet Missile • Hard Knuckle • Top Spin • Spark Shock
|Enemies • Energy Tank • Information Card • Item Box • Lanfront Ruins • Proto Shield|
| Mega Man • Beat • Rush • Dr. Light • Roll|
Proto Man • Duo • Auto • Eddie • Fan • Dr. Wily
| Aries • Taurus • Gemini • Cancer • Leo • Virgo|
Libra • Scorpio • Sagittarius • Capricorn • Aquarius • Pisces
Bass • Treble • Apollo • Luna • Wily Machine α • Wily Capsule α
| Fire Man • Cut Man• Bomb Man • Flame Man • Ice Man • Frost Man|
Guts Man • Metal Man • Elec Man • Spark Man • Cloud Man • Heat Man
Napalm Man • Bubble Man • Freeze Man • Hard Man • Yamato Man • Tomahawk Man
Pharaoh Man • Burst Man • Dive Man • Aqua Man • Stone Man • Astro Man
Knight Man •Sword Man •Skull Man
|Characters and Enemies • Screws • Dr. Light's Laboratory • Items • Script|