Blizzard Buffalo, known as Frozen Buffalio (フローズン・バッファリオ Furōzun Baffario?) in Japan, is a Bison-based Maverick in Mega Man X3. In reality, though, he's really a peace-loving artist, even with the Maverick Virus. So he is (for all intents and purposes) another innocent victim of the Maverick Wars. His original occupation was as an ice sculptor for a ski resort.
Like Flame Mammoth before him, his room is much larger, requiring X to damage him while he's on screen. When his health is depleted by 50%, Blizzard Buffalo shoots a very large ice beam that will freeze X if it connects.
Mega Man X3 stats:Edit
- Power: 9200rp
- Speed: 3200rp
Enemies in Blizzard Buffalo's stage:
In the Rockman X3 manga, during his Maverick rampage, he was stopped by an innocent human boy who knew more about him than anyone else did, giving X an advantage in defeating him by destroying his horns that made him go Maverick. He later joins the Maverick Hunters alongside Blast Hornet, Neon Tiger, and Tunnel Rhino, in which he assisted X and Zero in battle against Bit and Byte.
- In Mega Man X4, he makes an appearance at the very start of Frost Walrus's stage, frozen over in the background.
- In the CD versions of Mega Man X3, Blizzard Buffalo's name is misspelled as "BILZZARD BUFFALO" in his introductory cutscene.
- His stage is normally frozen over. However, if you defeat Volt Catfish before entering Buffalo's stage, the lights return and melt the ice, making the stage less slippery.
- You can easily exploit a programming error to defeat him, by jumping up as he turns around after rushing into the wall, he will turn around and slam back into the wall. This allows you to take minimal damage and defeat him with only the X buster.
- Blizzard Buffalo is one of only five ice-themed robots who create ice sculptures. The other four are Chill Penguin, Frost Man, Cold Man, and Fenri Lunaedge. Additionally, he and Chill Penguin are the only ones from the Mega Man X series to have this talent.
|Mega Man X3|
|List of Mavericks|
|Toxic Seahorse • Tunnel Rhino • Volt Catfish • Crush Crawfish • Neon Tiger • Gravity Beetle • Blast Hornet • Blizzard Buffalo|
|Maoh the Giant • Vile MK-2 • Bit • Byte • Godkarmachine O Inary • Press Disposer • Volt Kurageil • Dr. Doppler • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
| Acid Burst • Tornado Fang • Triad Thunder • Spinning Blade • Ray Splasher • Gravity Well • Parasitic Bomb • Frost Shield |
- Other -
Z-Saber • Hyper Cannon
| - Mega Man X -|
Max Armor • Hyper Max Armor
|Walkthrough • List of Mega Man X3 enemies • Damage Data Chart • Game Script|