|Mega Man using Black Hole Bomb.|
Black Hole Bomb (ブラックホールボム Burakku Hōru Bomu?) is the special weapon Mega Man and Proto Man get from Galaxy Man in Mega Man 9. It creates a black hole that pulls nearby enemies and enemy fire to it. It can also be controlled by the user via the d-pad and opened (detonate) up by pressing the fire button again. The Black Hole Bomb is Jewel Man's weakness, dealing five units of damage and also sucking in his Jewel Satellite. The Black Hole remains on screen for quite some time, which is most useful against Jewel Man, as positioning it just right will cause him to get hit by it multiple times with a single shot.
Damage Data Chart
Known damage values in units for Mega Man 9.
- For "Spike Shooters" and Wily Machine No. 9's first phase, both bosses do not have data for them because they must be damaged with their own weapon or obstacle -- the Black Hole Bomb cannot inflict damage to them directly.
The weapon deals four units of damage (excluding weaknesses and immunities) to large enemies that cannot be sucked into the black hole. Those who are sucked into the black hole are defeated instantly.
It takes four weapon energy units per Black Hole Bomb. Mega Man can fire up to seven Black Hole Bombs with a full weapon energy gauge.
- Black Hole Bomb can absorb almost any small or medium-sized enemy, regardless of if they're invulnerable to the Mega Buster or have their shields on. Enemies too large to be sucked in will take damage instead.
- The bomb can be used to destroy minions summoned by bosses, limiting distractions created by Splash Woman and Hornet Man.
- It sucks in almost any projectile, including the ones shot by many bosses like the Wily Machine and Wily Capsule.
Since only one Black Hole Bomb can be on the screen at once, and bosses have a temporary immunity after being damaged, it's possible to cancel the current Black Hole Bomb deployed and disable the boss's immunity by accessing the "Start" menu. This will allow the player to defeat certain bosses much faster, such as Jewel Man and the Twin Devil.
- Black Hole Bomb is the only Special Weapon to date that has three words in its name as opposed to the standard two. This is most likely to avoid confusion with the other attack called Black Hole.
- Although the name implies that it does, the Black Hole Bomb does not cause an explosion. However, the name could refer to the detonation of the initial small orb, which then generates the vortex.
- In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U, Mega Man uses the Black Hole Bomb to initiate his Final Smash.
|Time and Space Weapons|
|Mega Man Classic series|| Astro Crush • Black Hole • Black Hole Bomb • Centaur Flash • Flash Stopper • Gravity Hold |
Star Crash • Time Bomb • Time Slow • Time Stopper • Time Switch
|Mega Man X series||Dark Hold • Gravity Well • Squeeze Bomb|
|Mega Man Classic series|| Ballade Cracker • Black Hole Bomb • Bubble Bomb • Commando Bomb • Crash Bomber •|
Danger Wrap • Drill Bomb • Flash Bomb • Hyper Bomb • Napalm Bomb • Nuclear Detonator •
|Mega Man X series||Bomb Bee • Explosion • Green Spinner • Magnet Mine • Parasitic Bomb|