Billy Hatcher (ビリー・ハッチャー?) is a video game character developed by Sega. It only had one game released in the series so far, the 2003 Nintendo GameCube game Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (ジャイアントエッグ 〜ビリー・ハッチャーの大冒険〜? "Giant Egg: Billy Hatcher's Great Adventure"), but Billy Hatcher also had appearances in other Sega games with Sonic the Hedgehog and other characters.
The premise of the game is Billy Hatcher and his friends Rolly Roll, Chick Poacher, and Bantam Scrambled being summoned to Morning Land, the world of chickens via egg-based abilities. Morning Land was under attack by various crows led by Dark Raven that were threatening to cover the land in darkness.
When Sigma sends several Mavericks to different worlds, Wind Crowrang and Dark Necrobat attempt to set an Unity Engine in Morning Land's Forest Village, but met local resistance in the form of Billy Hatcher and his friends. Billy and his friends easily dispatched Wind Crowrang due to prior experience with dealing with crows, although they were disappointed when they discovered that it didn't yield fruit as usual. However, Mega Man and Amy Rose proceeded to warn them of Dark Necrobat, who Billy defeats by summoning a Cipher. The four kids then decided to aid them after the god of Morning Land, Menie-Funie convinces them to aid them in stopping Sigma.
Characters that appeared in Worlds Unite.
- Billy Hatcher - The protagonist, a courageous human boy that Menie-Funie summoned alongside three of his friends to rescue the chickens from the crows in Morning Land. Billy and his friends were given a Chicken Suit that grants them enhanced strength, which is used to move large eggs, the ability to banish the darkness, and the ability to do the Rooster Call. To perform the Rooster Call, they shout "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" to make an egg hatch so that they can use what is inside them, mostly helper animals like Cipher.
- Rolly Roll - One of Billy's three friends that was summoned to Morning Land with him. Rolly is a lighthearted and carefree girl that always tries to help others who are in trouble, although she can be scatterbrained at times.
- Chick Poacher - One of Billy's friends, a short boy with a tendency to act before thinking.
- Bantam Scrambled - One of Billy's friend. Bantam is large and strong, but heavy. Despite his rough appearance, he is gentle and only uses his strength when needed. He adores cuteness but hates injustice.
- Menie-Funie - The god of chickens and the deity watching over Morning Land, the world of the chickens. When Morning Land was taken over by crows and shrouded in darkness, Menie-Funie looked to the human world and saw the innate courage within Billy Hatcher when he saved a chick from a crow. He thus summoned Billy and his friends to Morning Land, giving them Chicken Suits and guiding them on their mission.