Anubis Necromancess, known as Anubistep Necromances (アヌビステップ・ネクロマンセス Anubisuteppu Nekuromansesu?) in Japan, is a boss character from the Mega Man Zero series. He is a Mutos Reploid based on the jackal god of death, Anubis, and is a member of Fighting Fefnir's Scorched Earth Squadron.
Before his appearance in the games, Anubis Necromancess "died" during an operation from the Scorched Earth Squadron, but revived himself. Anubis Necromancess II was killed right away when a shuttle crashed into him, but revived again.
In Mega Man Zero, Anubis Necromancess the Third (アヌビステップ・ネクロマンセスⅢ世? Anubistep Necromances III) is the boss of the "Find Shuttle" mission, where he is fought by Zero when he tries to find survivors from a shuttle that crashed on the desert (presumably the same that killed "Anubis Necromancess II"). He later revives as Anubis Necromancess IV and is fought a second time by Zero in the final stage.
As long as his "heart" isn't destroyed, Anubis Necromancess can use nanobots to repair himself. He can also dismantle and restore his body to hide within sand, and use the nanobots to control his surroundings, including modifiying the shape of sand to create walls, dunes, and quicksand, and summoning "zombies".
- Anubis will attack using his flying cane.
- Anubis will summon a pair of sand walls with spikes on top (two halves of an electrified sarcophagus in Mega Man Zero 3) to smash Zero. Touching the spikes or getting squished will not instantly kill Zero.
- Anubis will summon Pantheon Zombies.
- In Mega Man Zero 3, Anubis Necromancess V can modify the sand, making dunes or turning it into quicksand.
Nickname: 冥界の聖掃王 (Meikai no Seisou-Oh, "Sacred Sweeping King of Hades")
EX skill: Dead Cane (デッドケイン): Anubis makes his cane spin across the ground.
Mega Man Zero 3:
Area: Twilight Desert
Mission: Engage Neo Arcadia Army
Zero's EX skill: Shield Sweep
Mega Man Zero:
Mega Man Zero 3:
- Sub-boss: Or Wormer
- Carrybee G
- Pantheon Hunter
- Pantheon Zombie (summoned by boss)
- Pillar Cannon
- Because of the name "Necromancess", his gender is confused as female, but he actually is a male necromancer.
- Despite being a member of the Scorched Earth Squadron, Anubis Necromancess III is oddly weak to fire in the first game.
- He can be seen in the boss room of Hellbat Schilt in the background; he is right by the entrance to the boss room.
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth