Agile (アジール Ajīru?) is one of the three X-Hunters in Mega Man X2. He is characterized by his fast movement and expertly wielded beam-sword, and (in the Japanese version) his polite speech pattern and reserved personality. His role in the organization seems to be that of a military strategist, formulating plans and organizing operations.
When first encountering him in one of the hidden rooms, he acts as his name implies, dashing along the ground and attacking with a series of lightning-fast slashes. One attack that Agile will use often is an upward slash, that will create a large crescent energy beam; these arcs cover a large portion of the room making them difficult to dodge. The position of the energy arc (how high or how low) depends on where X is on screen. He will also make a dash from one side of the room to another while performing a flurry of slashes, but only if X is on the ground too much. Agile is easy to manipulate in this battle; the best strategy is to cling high on the wall, drop down to avoid his sabers crescent beam, attack (the X-buster will suffice), and then quickly climb back up, and repeat. His weakness in this battle is the Magnet Mine.
For Agile's second and final encounter in the third X-Hunter stage, he appears from above transformed into a weird ship. Agile will hold his position at the top of the screen, erratically moving from side to side. Throughout the battle he'll create spiked platforms from his sides that he will drop, trying to crush X; also whenever Agile creates a new set of platforms he will at the same time release four purple balls of electricity that will run down the walls and across the floor. Missiles will also fire periodically from both the left and right sides of the screen. Magnet Mine (fully charged or not) is the best weapon to use in this battle, as it can be aimed up to his position; it's also good for countering the missiles. Another effective weapon against Agile is the Shoryuken found in Sigma Stage Three. However, X must have full health to use it, so it is best used at the start of the battle to defeat him in one hit.
- Power: 9800rp
- Speed: 17800rp
* Applies to both encounters.
- Cannon Driver
- Disk Boy 08
- Garakuta Robot
- Barrier Attacker
- Pararoid R-5
- Pararoid V-1
- Bat Bone Type G
- Tubamail Generator
- "We won't make the same mistake. He is powerful, but he is blind to what is happening around him."
- "Yes. How is the plan proceeding?"
- "We have little time. We must finish construction on schedule. We must hurry..."
- "I see now why Sigma fell at the hands of Mega Man X. He is quite formidable."
- "We look forward to meeting you, X!"
- "Welcome X. Your destruction is at hand!" (First encounter, pre-battle.)
- "I may have failed, but you will never live to see Zero!" (Defeated, but escapes.)
- "NO!! This cannot be!!! Master, avenge me!" (Final encounter, defeated.)
- Agile's name, like his fellow Counter Hunters, is actually the French word for his defining characteristic (pronounced "Ajiiru").
- Though Agile's second form can be defeated with any weapon, the Giga Attack and the Magnet Mine are the most effective. Also, the Shoryuken, which is conveniently hidden in his very stage, can defeat him in one hit.
- Agile, along with the other X-Hunters, makes a short cameo appearance in the opening scene of the Sega Saturn, PlayStation, and PC versions of Mega Man X3. They also make a cameo appearance in the opening cutscene of Mega Man X5.
|Mega Man X2|
|List of Mavericks|
|Overdrive Ostrich • Wire Sponge • Wheel Gator • Bubble Crab • Flame Stag • Morph Moth • Magna Centipede • Crystal Snail|
|Gigantic Mechaniloid CF-0 • Violen • Serges • Agile • Zero • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
| Sonic Slicer • Strike Chain • Spin Wheel • Bubble Splash • Speed Burner • Silk Shot • Magnet Mine • Crystal Hunter |
- Other -
Giga Crush • Shoryuken
| - Mega Man X -|
|Damage Data Chart • Mega Man X2 Script|